Erik Stapleton D.O., M.S.
Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Erik James Stapleton is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon currently working with Greenbrier Physicians in Ronceverte, West Virginia. Originally from Tampa, Florida, Dr. Stapleton obtained his bachelor’s degree in biological sciences and a minor in chemistry from Florida State University in 2009 and then his masters degree in neurological sciences from the University of South Florida in 2010.
He then received his medical degree from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in 2016 and while there, was a member of the Sigma Sigma Phi academic honor society. In 2021 he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell in Huntington, New York. While in residency, he held multiple leadership roles, including the chief resident designation, and he was active in medical research with numerous publications.
After his residency, Dr. Stapleton completed a sports medicine fellowship in 2022 at the prestigious New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. While there, he worked as an assistant team physician at Merrimack College and with the Boston Celtics.
In his free time, Dr. Stapleton enjoys spending time with his family, and participating in various outdoor activities including golf, mountain biking and skiing.
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, New England Baptist Hospital
- Association of disposable perioperative jackets with surgical site infections in a large multicenter health care organizationErik J Stapleton, Nicholas Frane, Jonathon M Lentz, Donna Armellino, Nina Kohn, Rosemarie Linton, Adam D Bitterman
- Radiation exposure in orthopaedicsNicholas Frane, Andrew Megas, Erik Stapleton, Maximillian Ganz, Adam D Bitterman
- Three-dimensional bioprinting in orthopaedicsChristopher G Larsen, Erik J Stapleton, Jonathan Sgaglione, Matthew Sgaglione, Todd Goldstein, Nicholas A Sgaglione, Daniel A Grande
- The effect of operating room size on orthopaedic surgical site infection ratesTyler Tantillo, Brandon Petrone, Erik Stapleton, Nicholas Frane, Prashant Matai, Larry Lutsky, Mary Schilling, Donna Armellino, Gus Katsigiorgis, Adam Bitterman
- Predicting autologous hamstring graft diameter in the pediatric population using preoperative magnetic resonance imaging and demographic dataMatthew J Partan, Erik J Stapleton, Aaron M Atlas, Jon-Paul DiMauro
- Additive effect of continuous adductor canal block and liposomal bupivacaine periarticular injection in total knee arthroplastyEvan Green, Nicholas Frane, Maximillian Ganz, Robert Stockton, Erik Stapleton, Jonathan Mallen
- Impact of a resident-guided rounding initiative on the hospital consumer assessment of healthcare providers and systems survey scores in orthopaedic surgery inpatientsErik Stapleton, Nicholas Frane, Jonathon Lentz, Korey Yngstrom, Christopher Healy, Randy Cohn, Gus Katsigiorgis
- Decreased performance and return to play following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in National Football League wide receiversColin J Burgess, Erik Stapleton, Kenneth Choy, Cesar Iturriaga, Randy M Cohn
- Implementation of a geriatrics-focused orthopaedic and hospitalist fracture program decreases perioperative complications and improves resource utilizationChristine Bub, Erik Stapleton, Cesar Iturriaga, Luke Garbarino, Hadi Aziz, Nicole Wei, Frank Mota, Mark Eliot Goldin, Liron Danay Sinvani, Maria Torroella Carney, Ariel Goldman
- Patient Satisfaction After Lower Extremity Total Joint Arthroplasty: An Analysis of Medical Comorbidities and Patient DemographicsNicholas Frane, Erik J Stapleton, Brandon Petrone, Aaron Atlas, Larry Lutsky, Randy M Cohn
- Predictors of Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization in joint arthroplasty patientsErik J Stapleton, Brandon Petrone, Theofanis Zois, Vivian Papas, Nicholas Frane, Evan Green, Giles R Scuderi
- The impact of the helmet-lowering rule on regular season NFL injuriesErik Stapleton, Randy Cohn, Colin Burgess
- Bilateral acetabular fractures associated with seizures: A report of 2 casesKorey Yngstrom, Erik Stapleton, Zachary Aberman, David Galos
- Cannabidiol as a treatment for arthritis and joint pain: an exploratory cross-sectional studyNicholas Frane, Erik Stapleton, Cesar Iturriaga, Maximillian Ganz, Vijay Rasquinha, Robert Duarte
- The Association of Immediate-Use Steam Sterilization with the Incidence of Orthopaedic Surgical Site Infections: A Propensity Score-Matched Cohort StudyTyler J Tantillo, Erik J Stapleton, Nicholas Frane, Margaret Gorlin, Mary Ellen Schilling, Donna Armellino, Gus Katsigiorgis, Adam D Bitterman
- SuperPATH Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Technical Review and Early ExperienceStanislav Avshalumov, Nicholas Frane, Erik James Stapleton, Zachary Aberman, Ivan Bandovic, Alex Wicker
- Effects of Fellowship Training on Pediatric Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Techniques and Outcomes.Erik J Stapleton, Jesse Galina, Colin J Burgess, Aaron Atlas, Randy M Cohn, Terry Amaral, Yungtai Lo, Michael J Sayegh, Sayyida Hasan, Jon-Paul DiMauro
- Subchondroplasty Bone Substitute Material (BSM) Histological Analysis after Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Case SeriesBrandon Petron, Erik James Stapleton, Gary Stone, James Gurtowski
- Use of Disposable Perioperative Jackets and Surgical Site Infections—ReplyErik J Stapleton, Nicholas Frane, Adam D Bitterman
- Association of disposable perioperative jackets with surgical site infections in a large multicenter health care organization (vol 23, pg 789, 2019)EJ Stapleton, N Frane, JM Lentz